Boa Vista Algarve
Quelfes, Algarve. Portugal
2 holiday homes
Boa Vista Algarve Holiday Homes
East of Faro, in the very popular Portuguese region of Algarve, lies Boa Vista holiday homes. Boa Vista is located 6 km from the coast and 19 km from Faro airport. It was an old farmhouse and during renovation, the traditional architecture was respected. Boa Vista holiday homes are surrounded by a large Mediterranean garden from where you can see the sea, the city of Olhão, Ria Formosa National Park, and stunning sunsets. Carob, palm and olive trees offer ideal places to relax in the shade. We are away from big crowds of tourists. Nature and tranquillity are guaranteed. It is a place for an offline vacation, however within easy reach from beaches, bars and restaurants which serve traditional and international cuisine.
Over 30 ago I fell in love with Portugal and created my paradise in the Algarve. I speak Portuguese, French, German and English.
Marie, Your Hostess
Casa Eira & Casa Amigos
There are two rental homes, Casa Eira and Casa Amigos. The houses are built in traditional style, with original parts remaining. The feel is cozy and warm. Both homes are for 2 people and have a fully equipped kitchen, separate bathroom and a traditional barbeque on the terrace. Casa Eira has a private terrace, whilst Casa Amigos also has a rooftop terrace. Both are equipped with sunbeds and furniture.
Have a Question?
Talk to the Hostess
Things to do..
Restaurants and Bars
- Dos Manos, the closest restaurant, is within walking distance and serves traditional Portuguese cuisine.
- A bit further down the road, there is Casa De Pasto Do Carmo, where they serve a famous hot stone steak.
- The city of Olhão offers many restaurants, ranging from traditional seafood to Indian and sushi.
- Olhão also offers many coffee bars where you can enjoy a strong bica (espresso) with a pastel de nata which needs no explanation other than to try it yourself 😉
- In Autumn and Winter you can enjoy javali (wild boar) stew in the mountains with a stunning view over the sea. Ask your hostess how to get there.
- The entire coast of Olhão with the islands of Culatra and Armona is a natural reserve – Ria Formosa. You can reach the islands by boat from Olhão. There you can enjoy the fishing huts, small houses and the lighthouse.
- The city of Faro and its beaches are only 20 minutes away.
- The fishing village Fuseta is a 10 minute drive away.
- There are many more things to do, just ask your hostess.
- Your hostess knows a very reliable and affordable car rental company.
Biking & Hiking
- There a many beautiful walks and mountain bike routes in the surrounding areas.
- O Cerro de São Miguel, the mountain just north of Boa Vista Algarve holiday homes, is worth a visit. From there you have unspoiled views of Olhão and the coast.
- The coastal town of Olhão is the main fishing port of the Algarve and has one of the largest daily fresh and fish markets.
- Every Saturday morning in Olhão is a farmers market, on the sea front, next to the main market.
- Every first Sunday of the month, there is a market in Moncarapacho. Look out for the famous frango piri-piri (hot bbq chicken)
- Every second Sunday of the month, there is a second hand market in Fuseta.
- There are many large supermarkets in Olhão and one in Moncarapacho, together with the smaller traditional grocery stores.
It was a really nice and clean place to stay. I would recommend the property.
Very nice and tranquil house with all utensils you may need and a wonderful hostess. Location wise is of the beaches but close to many. You need a car but then you have access to so much. Walking in the area is nice and it is in the countryside, in a very quiet area.bHostess Marie has a lot of information about everything so a great help. All very tidy and well organized. And with a beautiful roof terrace – extra points!
We spent 2 wonderful weeks in the house of Marie. The house is very idyllic in the mountains and Marie is a very pleasant and helpful host. A great garden and the terrace with the oven grill complete the picture. We recommend! Thanks again, Marie!
Casa Eira is a very cosy romantic small house in a beautiful natural environment. The terrasse and the garden are most beautiful – with Palm trees and wonderful old olive trees and we enjoyed sitting there and just doing nothing! Of course you need a car to get to the coast and the nearest small towns – but fuzeta with it´s very nice Island beaches is not far away and you can get everything there. Also the small village Moncarapacho nearbyis pittoresque – so there a lots of things to see!
Visit East Algarve!